Frequently Asked Questionsback to Training Video
- Cookies must be enabled. How can I enable cookies?
- Does my computer meet the minimum requirements?
- How do I verify that Flash 10.3 or higher is installed?
- Should I be using a different Browser?
- My episode launches, but then stops. How do I get it to start up again?
- My episode is stuck loading?
- How do I choose my Bandwidth version?
- I'm typing but my keystrokes aren't showing up. What do I do?
- What should I do if nothing comes up when I try to launch?
- Could something be blocking my launch?
- I have tried several solutions, what else can I do?
- How do I print notes?
- How do I add a custom note?
- Where are the Key Takeaway notes coming from?
- Are my notes saved?
- How do I save my Assessment?
- How do I submit my Assessment to my Instructor?
- How can I tell what is on the Assessment?
- Can Assessment data be changed?
- How do I retake an Assessment?
- Will the episode save my Assessment if I take a break?
- Can I review the Assessment before it goes to my Instructor?
- Will questions be numbered in sequential order?
- Will my responses from a previous session still appear if I restart?
- Why am I seeing character errors in my Assessment?
- How do I start the episode?
- Why do I not see a Start link?
- Where did the Control Panel go?
- How can I display dialog for the conversations?
- How do I print a transcript of the course?
- How do I replay a scene?
- What if I need to take a break or close the episode before I finish it?
- What is the purpose of a Dialog Wheel?
- How do I pause or mute the mini-game?
- How do I replay the mini-game?
- What if I still have a question?
Cookies must be enabled. How can I enable cookies?
Does my computer meet the minimum requirements?
Operating System: Windows 7, Vista, XP (SP2) or Macintosh OS X 10.5.8+
Browser: IE 7+, Safari 5.0.2+, Firefox 3.5+, or Chrome 6+
Plugin: Flash player 10.1.53.64+
How do I verify that Flash 10.3 or higher is installed?
Go to helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html to update or verify that you are using Flash player 10.3 or newer. Once you update your Flash version, close all your open browsers and try again.
Should I be using a different Browser?
All browsers are capable of becoming corrupted and no longer working as expected. You can try resetting them or reinstalling them. Alternately, you can try using an alternate browser.
My episode launches, but then stops. How do I get it to start up again?
Clearing your cache will solve several potential issues. Ensuring your cache is not significantly larger or smaller than 250 MB will also help alleviate issues and likely improve your browsing performance in general.
Chrome: Settings > Under the Hood > Privacy
Explorer: Internet Options > General tab > Browsing history > Settings
Firefox: Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage
My episode is stuck loading?
This is often the result of a full or corrupt Flash cache. If your Flash cache is near the default 100 KB limit, increasing the amount of information that media.toolwire.com can store on your computer will give your system room to store your work. Alternately, clearing your Flash cache will remove any previous work you have done, but it will also allow you to save your Assessments again.
1) Go to www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
2) Select media.toolwire.com
3) Verify “Never Ask Again” is Unchecked
4) Choose one of the following:
Move the storage slider to 1 MB
Click on the Delete Website button
How do I choose my Bandwidth version?
Your bandwidth will automatically be analyzed when you first connect and you are provided with the best possible experience based on your network speeds.
I'm typing but my keystrokes aren't showing up. What do I do?
If you're using Windows, open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options.
1) Select the Security tab and click on the Trusted sites icon.
2) Un-check "Require server authentication (https)..." when the Trusted sites window opens.
3) Type *.toolwire.com into the entry field and click the Add button.
4) Close the Trusted sites window and go back to the Security tab with Trusted sites still selected.
5) Set the "Security level for this zone" to Low and click the Apply button.
6) Finally, click the OK button and then close all open browsers before starting again.
What should I do if nothing comes up when I try to launch?
Browser Toolbars often have a pop-up blocker built into them which can prevent your Learnscape from launching. You can turn off the pop-up blocker or disable the Toolbar, but sometimes they will continue to cause interference. The best approach is to completely uninstall any Toolbars.
1) Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features (XP - Add/Remove Programs)
2) Remove all non-essential Toolbars (Ask, Bing, Google, Yahoo, et cetera)
3) Close all open browsers and try again
Could something be blocking my launch?
You may be prevented from downloading and running your episode if it is blocked by your Antivirus. You will want to temporarily disable your Antivirus to see if it is blocking your access. If you need a high-quality, free Antivirus tool, you can use the Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus program. windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials
I have tried several solutions, what else can I do?
It can sometimes be difficult to determine why your access is not working. The best way to troubleshoot your situation is to eliminate the possibilities. Here are several things to help you get connected.
1) Power cycle (reboot) your computer
2) Power cycle (reboot) your modem and/or router
3) Try an alternate browser
4) Try an alternate computer
5) Try an alternate Internet connection
How do I print notes?
Click on the Menu Bar at the bottom of the screen to expand the Menu selection. Click on the Notes icon. Select the Notes tab. Click the Print icon to print.
How do I add a custom note?
Click on the Menu Bar at the bottom of the screen to expand the selection. Click on the Notes icon to launch the Notepad. Ensure the Notes tab is selected and type a custom note.
Where are the Key Takeaway notes coming from?
The Key Takeaway notes are programmed into the course to summarize the objectives.
Are my notes saved?
Yes, notes are automatically saved as soon as you enter them and can be changed at any time.
How do I save my Assessment?
After completing a Gamescape and answering all of the assessment questions, the option to save your assessment will become available; simply click the Save Assessment button to save it.
How do I submit my Assessment to my Instructor?
After you've saved the Assessment file to your computer, submit the assessment by attaching the PDF to the assignment tab.
How can I tell what is on the Assessment?
Click on the Menu Bar to expand the Menu selection. Click on the Save Assessment icon to save your assessment file to your computer. When the dialog box opens, choose a location on your computer to save the Assessment file, and click the Save button. Open the file to review your answers.
Can Assessment data be changed?
Assessment data is saved the first time the episode is completed. Responses can be adjusted, but those responses will not be saved on subsequent accesses. Always Save the Assessment locally when you have selected different responses to the questions.
How do I retake an Assessment?
Replaying the episode will allow you to save alternate answers locally that can then be manually submitted.
Will the episode save my Assessment if I take a break?
Yes, your data is automatically saved.
Can I review the Assessment before it goes to my Instructor?
Yes, open the location where you saved the Assessment file and double click on it to open and review the file.
Will questions be numbered in sequential order?
The questions will be placed in the Save Assessment file in the order the responses are recorded. It is possible for you to take different paths. The question numbering is dependent on the path you have selected.
Will my responses from a previous session still appear if I restart?
The responses to questions are reset when restarting the episode.
Why am I seeing character errors in my Assessment?
Your browser does not have Unicode enabled. Please enable Unicode in your browser.
Chrome: Wrench icon > Tools > Encoding > Unicode (UTF-8)
Explorer: Right-click on page > Encoding > Unicode (UTF-8)
Firefox: Firefox drop-down menu > Web Developer > Character Encoding > Unicode (UTF-8)
How do I start the episode?
Once the episode has loaded its files, the Start link will appear. Select the Start link to proceed with the episode.
Why do I not see a Start link?
On subsequent launches of an episode, you will start from where you left off.
Where did the Control Panel go?
The Control Panel can be minimized, click on the button at the bottom of the screen to open the Control Panel.
How can I display dialog for the conversations?
The two ways to display character dialog are to use Closed Captioning or review the Transcript. Click on the Menu Bar to expand the Menu selection to access either option.
CC: Click on the Closed Caption icon to display or hide the dialog a character is delivering.
Transcript: Click on the Notepad icon to launch a window that contains the Transcript tab. Selecting the Transcript tab will display a transcript of the conversations that occurred during the session. Close to hide the Transcript.
How do I print a transcript of the course?
Click on the Menu Bar at the bottom of the screen to expand the Menu selection. Click on the Notes icon. Select the Transcripts tab. Click on the Print icon to print.
How do I replay a scene?
Click on the Menu Bar at the bottom of the screen to expand the Menu selection. Click on the Replay icon. Only the current scene can be replayed.
What if I need to take a break or close the episode before I finish it?
Your spot in the episode will be bookmarked. If you have already taken an Assessment, your results will be saved as well. To take a quick break from the episode, select the Pause button from the Menu Bar.
What is the purpose of a Dialog Wheel?
The Dialog Wheel has multiple purposes. Its text summarizes your response selections. The selection allows you to choose a different path in the episode.
How do I pause or mute the mini-game?
The Pause and Mute buttons are located in the upper-right corner of the mini-game screen.
How do I replay the mini-game?
Once you complete the mini-game, you will be prompted to either continue the episode or replay the game.
What if I still have a question?
Please contact a Toolwire Learner Advocate for assistance.
Phone: 866.935.8665 x200 (Toll-free in North America) or 925.227.8500 x200